Picture this: There's a specific tool you need, but you can't find it in regular, commercial software. This is the reason why Custom Software Development exists in the IT world. Our Addria team will familiarize you with the topic and show you how custom software development can help your business.
Whether you are looking for a web, mobile or desktop app or any other software product, our reliable and professional software development team provides the design and development of the application as well as maintenance and support services.
Custom Software Development is a common issue IT companies have run into recently. There's a very special, new idea you want to create. The problem is, you are not entirely sure how to turn it into reality.
A good example is: the needs you have can't be covered by commercial off-the-shelf software (COTS) such as WordPress. Here's were Custom Software Development enters the scene.
Custom Software Development is the act of creating a software from scratch that matches all your criteria and needs.
Basically, Custom Software Development, as its name suggests, comprehends building an entirely customized program, out of the blue. It can also be referred to as tailor - made software or bespoke software.
This process includes:
In order for Custom Software Development to be successful, there are plenty of key aspects that need to be met. If:
- Your needs are specific,
- There's no software in the market which matches your requirements,
- The requirements you have might change or evolve,
- You want to stand out from your competition,
- Nothing but a custom - made project can solve the issue.
Which advantages do I get with Custom Software Development?
Basically, Custom Software Development encompasses everything needed to deliver tailor - made software. Some of the advantages are:
- If you are smart, your software will be the first one to enter the market. You'll be ahead of your competition! The early bird gets the worm.
- It's completely customized to match the needs of your project and company.
- You'll get a productivity boost. Since it's made just for you, your team will be able to use it in a simpler, quicker way. No unnecessary delays anymore!
- Scalability. Your customized software will change, improve and evolve at the pace you want it to.
- Higher security level. Custom software is way harder to infiltrate.
- It's adapted to the needs your company has, while you can change it too!
- Intelligent investment. Great software is always a good idea.
- Avoiding eventual, long-term costs. Since you can customize your software as much as you want to, odds are you won't need to purchase as many software licenses as you used to.
- Expert support. With a remote expert team extension, you won't have to worry about getting the hard part done. Just tell us your idea, and we'll make it happen!
When do I know if I need to outsource software development?
Software development outsourcing is an arrangement made by a business to hire a contractor to do the software related work that could or couldn't have been done in-house. We are all aware that developing a Custom Software Product in-house demands both money and time. On the other hand, not every company has such a big IT team. This is where software development outsourcing comes handy.
There are many reasons why companies opt to outsource their Custom Software Development needs. Here's some of them:
- Software development outsourcing helps business to save costs they would gain by an increased level of production. Companies can save 30% on operating costs by outsourcing their software development;
- Business also get the opportunity to focus on their core competencies without spending additional money or time. Everything from development to deployment is taken care of by the outsourcing team, which means less stress at the company itself;
- IT outsourcing teams consist of huge variety of experts that can give you a hand with basically any technology you can imagine - their job is to follow the latest trends in tech, while your employees are stuck with projects which don't allow them to constantly expand their knowledge. Remember that every skill and technology can't be demanded in-house & outsourcing companies have a large talent pool which makes them a perfect choice for such situations;
- You'll only hire the remote software team for the duration of the project, so there is no need to worry about what will happen with extra work force you hired after the project is done;
- You don't spend much time on HR or managing the project, while you have shorter development time and faster time to market;
- Every business has times when their demand is on peak, so even if the experts you need are present in-house they might be super busy and additional help will be needed. You will have two options, redistribution or hiring. Both options will result in higher costs and a decrease in efficiency;
- Because of the nature of work and their expertise, the remote development team usually gets the job done in less time. They are well played and used to work on projects with strict deadlines, so if you are short on time, this is your best bet.
As you can see, there are many more reasons to outsource a development team than to hire your own.
How do I choose a software development outsourcing company?
Outsourcing Software Development may seem like an easy option, but choosing a software outsourcing team is a big deal. Being a software development outsourcing company with 95% repeat clients, we feel qualified enough to share some of the key points one should keep in mind before outsourcing software development.
If you are a large software company, your IT team must be slammed. They are expected to take case of never ending sprints while simultaneously developing end to end tech solutions, which doesn't allow them to involve in the new projects or to help with some internal ones.
Same applies in case you are a start-up with a limited budget and no on-site developers. You may get super busy being the software developer and office manager at the same time, but keep in mind that development isn't a side project. It requires a lot of labor, testing and maintenance. Yes, you can always hire more software developers. But, will they be good enough? How long will take them to fit in the team? What if they don't fit in at all? We know how long recruitment process takes and how difficult it can get.
All you need to do in order to avoid such problems is to find a reliable outsourcing partner who will be there for your business whenever needed. More than 80% of businesses all over the world feel positive about their relationships with chosen outsourcing company.
- Do your homework. Outsourcing is no different than hiring. If you decide to outsource, the third party becomes an extension of your organization. Do your research, go through their website, the previous work experience, client testimonials, as that speaks a lot. Keep in mind - bigger isn't always better.
- Get a dedicated team. Make sure to hire an entire team from the company you choose, because they are already well-played and can solve any complex problems much faster. Find out if the firm you are hiring has a strong percentage of repeat clients, because if they do, it means they are trustworthy. The reason why customers keep on coming back with further projects is because they stick by whatever they commit.
- Communicate well. Remember that communication is the key. The best thing about outsourcing is that third party team has the capacity to bring in a fresh perspective, but that is useless if they don’t understand requirements. In order for both the third party team and client to understand the requirements at a high level you need to break it down to small chunks so that the whole flow makes more sense, both logically and technologically. Communicate often and be persistent.
- Trust your team. “Outsourcing works better when based on trust”. Dedicate some time to get to know the members of the team you work with. Connect their faces to names and treat them like the partner you expect them to be. Ask them to divide the whole project into certain milestones so that you have full visibility about the progress. This way you will have a healthy project with no negative surprise during the delivery.
- Stay involved. Outsourcing may look simple, but you need to stay involved in order to get the job done. Even though outsourcing team members are experienced and well played, only way to get exactly what you want is by being constantly present and involved.
Long story short, since we live in a globalized world, geographical locations are no boundaries to the industry. Regardless of your location, you can always hire a software developer that matches your needs.
Here at Addria , we are veterans at what we do. Having clients and team members all over the world, we are an eclectic, highly competitive and dedicated full stack development team. Our software team will lead you from the very start to the very end of your endeavor.